Remote Teaching Methods & Tools
Resources and Teaching Guides
- Flexible Teaching Best Practices & Resources
- Technology Checklist: Educational Technology Checklist. Includes tips for getting started with Sakai, classroom set-up, Zoom, Panopto, and Poll Everywhere.
- Zoom Recording: Step-by-Step Guide to Recording with Zoom
- Class Session Recording Options: Recording Class Sessions
- Accessibility: Guidance for Remote Participation or Online Course Delivery Requests
- Syllabus Language: Syllabus Guidelines
- Peer Learning: Conversations on Teaching (lunch-and-learn chats) and Remote Teaching Field Notes
- Zoom: Your primary tool for meeting with students and pre-recording lectures
- Sakai: UNC-Chapel Hill’s primary learning management system
- Gradescope: Administer and grade online or digitized paper-based homework, quizzes, and exams with open-ended or multiple-choice questions
VoiceThread: Online interaction tool for presentations and multi-media discussions
Poll Everywhere: Web-based polling system
Best Practices Guides & Resources
- Using Zoom in General Purpose Classrooms (supported by Classroom Hotline)
- Sharing Zoom recordings through Panopto in Sakai
- Tips for Avoiding Student Wireless Connectivity Problems During Class.
- Video: Instructional video tools and best practices
- Exams and Assessments: guidelines for designing and administering remote exams
- Spring 2021 Tips and Spring 2021 Remote Teaching Strategies: tips and guidelines useful in a variety of teaching scenarios
- Remote Teaching Pedagogy: A compilation of research and guidelines for remote teaching
- To sign up for remote workshops or view recordings of previous sessions, visit Keep Teaching Trainings.
- To ask a question or share an idea with the Keep Teaching community of instructors and support staff, visit the Help Forum.
- Find links to more campus resources and other helpful information on the Resources page.