Training Resources and Opportunities
Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE)
Find details and registration links for all upcoming trainings on the CFE calendar.
UNC-CH Remote Teaching Field Notes
Many Carolina faculty have posted brief Field Notes to describe teaching strategies that have worked to enhance student engagement or learning in remote teaching and learning. Get ideas on easy-to-implement strategies or share your own examples. Share your teaching practice.
UNC System Office
Lunch and Learn Events: DLI4Faculty Communities of Practice: UNC Lunch and Learn Event Schedule
Digital Accessibility Office (DAO)
DAO offers a wide range of training opportunities on different topics around Digital Accessibility. View calendar, space availability, and register for any DAO training at Carolina Talent.
Recordings of Previous Trainings
Getting Organized: Using the Lessons Tool in Sakai
Assessment in Sakai: Assignments, Tests & Quizzes
Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction with Remote Teaching
- Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction Session Recording Part 1
- Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction Session Recording Part 2
- Facilitation Synchronous Student Interaction Powerpoint Slides
Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interaction with Remote Teaching
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interaction Session Recording
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interactions Powerpoint Slides
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interactions Chat Transcript
Preparing Your Course for HyFlex
Getting Started with Poll Everywhere
- Poll Everywhere Workshop Recording (log in with ONYEN)
- Poll Everywhere Chat Transcript (includes resource links)
- Poll Everywhere Best Practices Document
Guides to Digital Tools
If you’re looking for step-by-step instructions about how to use Sakai, Zoom, video recording, and other digital tools, please see the Strategies page.
Video guides to accessibility, library, Sakai, and other campus resources are available on the Help Videos page.
External Training Sources
REMOTE: Racial Equity in Online Education
This event has already occurred. Visit the USC Center for Urban Education website for session recordings.
For additional resources in pedagogy and best practices from conferences, university websites, and journals, please see the Best Practices page.