Training Resources and Opportunities
The following opportunities are offered by the Center for Faculty Excellence.
Register for Upcoming Virtual Workshops on Teaching
- October 21 – Teaching With Higher-Order Prompts
- October 27 – Creating an Inclusive Syllabus
- November 3 – Strategies for Making Large Classes Feel Smaller
- November 15 – Academic Support Program for Student Athletes
Essentials for Remote Teaching and Learning
CFE Resource Updated for Spring 2021
Designed to help you make the transition to hybrid or remote teaching, this asynchronous course can be taken at your own pace, focusing on components most important to you. Learn more about research-based course design principles; Spring 2021 Modes of Teaching, aligning course goals/activities/assessments; facilitating student interactions with attention to diversity, equity and inclusion; and using best practices for grading and assessment. Visit the course enrollment page in Sakai.
UNC-CH Remote Teaching Field Notes
Many Carolina faculty have posted brief Field Notes to describe teaching strategies that have worked to enhance student engagement or learning in remote teaching and learning. Get ideas on easy-to-implement strategies or share your own examples. Share your teaching practice.
Panopto Training for UNC
Upcoming Panopto Webinars
Register for Panopto’s ongoing webinars by following the link for each session.
NOTE: Panopto’s public webinars may not fully reflect UNC’s learning environment. For example, sessions may feature a learning management system other than Sakai.
The Center For Faculty Excellence
We will post upcoming workshops here. In most cases, Zoom meeting links will be sent via a reminder email at least one day prior to the Session and posted here on the Keep Teaching website. We encourage you to add the event to your own calendar.
Designing Effective Online Courses (DEOC)
This online workshop supports faculty and staff across the System in moving their courses to an online format or using digital tools in their physical classrooms. New session starts October 25 (only time offered this semester). Free, but space is limited, and registration is required. Learn more and register.
UNC System Lunch and Learn Events: DLI4Faculty Communities of Practice
Digital Accessibility Office (DAO)
Recordings of Previous Trainings
Getting Organized: Using the Lessons Tool in Sakai
Assessment in Sakai: Assignments, Tests & Quizzes
Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction with Remote Teaching
- Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction Session Recording Part 1
- Facilitating Synchronous Student Interaction Session Recording Part 2
- Facilitation Synchronous Student Interaction Powerpoint Slides
Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interaction with Remote Teaching
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interaction Session Recording
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interactions Powerpoint Slides
- Facilitating Asynchronous Student Interactions Chat Transcript
Preparing Your Course for HyFlex
Getting Started with Poll Everywhere
- Poll Everywhere Workshop Recording (log in with ONYEN)
- Poll Everywhere Chat Transcript (includes resource links)
- Poll Everywhere Best Practices Document
Guides to Digital Tools
If you’re looking for step-by-step instructions about how to use Sakai, Zoom, video recording, and other digital tools, please see the Digital Solutions page.
Video guides to accessibility, library, Sakai, and other campus resources are available on the Help Videos page.
External Training Sources
REMOTE: Racial Equity in Online Education
This event has already occurred. Visit the USC Center for Urban Education website for session recordings.
For additional resources in pedagogy and best practices from conferences, university websites, and journals, please see the Best Practices page.