The resources listed below represent a variety of resources and service offerings at UNC-Chapel Hill that may help you continue your instruction remotely. This is an evolving list as additional resources are identified. If you have suggestions for additional resources, please direct them to the Site Contact.
UNC Professional School Information
Each UNC professional school may have unique settings, support, and technology. View remote teaching details and support for your professional school.
- Best Practices for Recording Class Sessions (University policies and important considerations for class session recordings)
- Caption and Transcript Best Practices (Digital Accessibility Office guidelines for captioning)
- Zoom Live Transcripts (Live Captions) (Digital Accessibility Office guidelines for Zoom Live Transcripts)
- Faculty Support Hub (resources and links for faculty well-being, racism and equity, career development, and teaching and learning)
- Keep Learning (student care hub with resources for all students)
- Connect Your Students with Writing and Learning Center Resources (a helpful guide to services available to students via the UNC Writing & Learning Center)
- Faculty Guide for Supporting Students During COVID-19 (Fall 2020 faculty guide to supporting student needs for flexibility, adjustments, and/or accommodations. Also see Absences Related to COVID-19.)
- COVID-19 Classroom Changes Script (script developed for faculty to explain the changes to normal classroom operation for the Fall 2020 semester)
- Fair Use & Emergency Remote Teaching & Research (copyright guidelines for remote teaching during COVID-19). See also: UNC-Chapel Hill Copyright Policy)
- Guidance for off-campus internet service (resources to obtain or improve home internet access)
- Key Accessibility Considerations in an Online/Remote Environment (from the Digital Accessibility Office)
- Strategies for Teaching Writing Online (transitioning to remote instruction of English Composition & Rhetoric)
- Teaching International Students Remotely (from the Writing Center)
- UNC Libraries Distance Education Page (library services & resources for students and faculty)
- Student communication templates (UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health)
Getting Zoom recordings into Sakai (UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health)
Strategies to prepare your course for the Fall term (UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health)
- Intro to Sakai for Students (a video created for students as an introduction to Sakai)
- UNC System Online Community of Practices (collaborate with other UNC System instructors in this virtual community)
External Resources On Best Practices in Remote Teaching
On the Best Practices page, you will find links to many university sites, journal articles, and research papers to help you identify best practices, set learner expectations, and create more engaging learning experiences when teaching remotely.