Below you will find links to research and shared resources from a wide variety of university sites, journal articles, and research papers to help you identify best practices, set learner expectations, create more engaging learning experiences, improve learning outcomes, and adapt to remote methods of teaching.
For resources focused on our own campus community, please see Campus Resources.
Teaching and Learning Online
- 7 Things That Worked in My Online Course
- Eight Lessons Learned from Teaching Online (video)
- How to Be a Better Online Instructor
- I suddenly have to move my course online! What should I do?
- Improving Student Outcomes in Higher Education: The Science of Targeted Intervention
- Instructional Strategies for Online Courses
- Maintaining Professionalism: Use of Electronic Communication and Social Media
- Teaching Online: A Guide to Theory, Research, and Practices (online book)
- The Impact of Instructor Intervention on the Quality and Frequency of Discussion Posts
- SUNY Free Online Resources for Faculty
- Variables Associated With Achievement in Higher Education
Online Content Design
- Making Your Own Videos
- Quality Matters Higher Education Course Design Rubric
- Resources for STEM Education Centers in Response to COVID-19
- 8 Ways to be More Inclusive in Your Zoom Teaching
- First-Generation College Students as Academic Learners: A Systematic Review
- Motivating Diverse Learners Using Culturally Relevant & Responsive Education